Full-Time Research Associate I/II/III
Velocity is looking for an entry-level candidate with experience in a variety of disciplines with an emphasis on molecular biology and biochemistry. A successful candidate will have experience or knowledge of a broad set of techniques and skills including:
- Biological assay development including nucleic acid and protein detection
- Molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, transcription, ligation, etc.)
- Automated liquid handling systems
- Maintaining complete and organized laboratory records
- Assisting with day-to-day operation of the lab.
In some instances, the successful candidate is expected to execute and troubleshoot experiments and participate in analyzing the results. Creating standardized experimental protocols (SOP) is the overarching goal of the R&D effort. Following company operational procedures and maintaining a safe working environment is a must.
- BS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- 1-7 years of experience in a laboratory setting (academic or industry)
- Desire to innovate and achieve excellence in research
- Desire to deliver high-quality work on time
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger team
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers, supervisors, and external collaborators
Preference will be given to applicants with experience performing original research and who are authors of publications or have given presentations at scientific conferences
If you seek a challenging career in biotechnology in a rapidly growing company where innovation, creativity, and hard work are rewarded, Velocity Sciences encourages you to apply.
- A detailed cover letter, which specifically addresses how you see yourself meeting the job requirements.
- A current resume.
- The names, daytime telephone numbers, and email addresses for three or more professional references.
Velocity Sciences is a life sciences company located in Boulder, CO providing high-performance assay technologies for medical diagnostics and life sciences research.
Velocity Sciences has developed a series of innovations in creating novel RNA constructs for capturing peptide and protein biomarkers with high affinity and specificity. Velocity uses its proprietary biomarker capture technology, in-vitro selection (IVS) processes, and novel detection platforms to create highly sensitive assays for a wide range of applications including intracellular proteomics, high-definition proteomics, and multiplexed biomarker detection from a variety of matrices including serum and tissue samples. As a result, the technology of Velocity Sciences is enabling new tools for systems biology and personalized medicine.
Velocity’s technology is the result of many years of research and innovation, which have led to multiple successful partnerships with leading therapeutics and diagnostics companies in the past decade. Velocity is now expanding to address the growing interest in the utility of its RNA technologies and to build an automated production line for generating thousands of unique RNA constructs per year to meet the demand for its life science business.
Velocity is highly skilled in the chemistry of RNA and customizing RNA for use in applications ranging from therapeutics (drugs and delivery tools for better targeting) to life science tools (spatial proteomics) and diagnostics. Velocity is partnering across all of these areas and expects significant demand for its RNA technology in the coming year.